Legislation & Regulation
“The evidence is clear—mineral deposits alone are not enough to attract precious commodity investment dollars...”
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
The petition seeks specific changes to existing Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management regulations to restore the intent of Congress and federal preemption.
All of which brings us back to the question of why we rely so heavily on China in the first place. America’s economy is heavily dependent upon energy and telecommunications, but does that require Chinese manufacturing? Clearly not.
If you do not have the time to read the entire document, I would suggest starting with the Executive Summary that begins on page 80.
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
We now have supporters who are well known and connected in Washington, DC, and who state they will assist us in bypassing lower level staffers and getting us face-to-face meetings with Senators.
- Zinke leaving office
- Property rights triumph over critical habitat says Supreme Court
- Water of the United States
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
During discussions with other property rights advocates and members of the current administration, Karen Budd-Falen’s name was mentioned many times as a possible director for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
There are currently three controlling agencies or entities over suction dredging in California—and you can make that four if the state legislature decides to further muddy the waters with additional legislation to block suction gold dredging in the state.
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended