June 2017 by Scott Harn
In May 2017, the district participated in a meeting with representatives from several state and federal agencies where they educated agency officials about the authority of Mining Districts, Mining Law and miner’s rights.
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
• The good, the bad, and the ugly
• California and Oregon dredge permits
Representative Paul Shepherd stopped by, and Idaho County Commissioner Jim Chmelik dove with one of the dredgers so he could see for himself that no harm was being done to fish or their habitat.
• Anti-dredging bill SB 637 passes
This will provide the opportunity to meet with many of the members of Congress in a more informal setting at several meetings, luncheons and dinners. And we have been offered the chance to meet with President Trump’s staff.
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: What indicator rocks should I be looking for in northern Nevada? • Ask The Experts: What to do with scheelite • Ask The Experts: Small-scale drilling • Quartzsite Gives Up Some Big Gold • Prospecting After Winter Storms • How to Stake Your Own Claim—Researching Mining Claims • The Birthday Nugget Patch • The Goldfield Mining District, Nevada—Part I • Volume is the Key to Success • Getting Started • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices