June 2017 by Scott Harn
In May 2017, the district participated in a meeting with representatives from several state and federal agencies where they educated agency officials about the authority of Mining Districts, Mining Law and miner’s rights.
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
Another California Assembly member, Jared Huffman, is attempting to ban dredging in the state on a more permanent basis.
• Bill to address Forest Service Travel Management restrictions
• Suction gold dredging challenge finally under way
• EPA nullification bill fails in Idaho
• Another bad bill
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
The ESA has become an unwieldy beast that was hijacked by government agencies run amok, and by extreme environmental groups who saw it as a way to lock up public lands and to generate income through exaggerated claims and continuous lawsuits.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: What indicator rocks should I be looking for in northern Nevada? • Ask The Experts: What to do with scheelite • Ask The Experts: Small-scale drilling • Quartzsite Gives Up Some Big Gold • Prospecting After Winter Storms • How to Stake Your Own Claim—Researching Mining Claims • The Birthday Nugget Patch • The Goldfield Mining District, Nevada—Part I • Volume is the Key to Success • Getting Started • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices