Legislation & Regulation
• New, damning revelations about Biden nominee to head BLM
Mining claimants who wish to retain their mining claims on Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service lands through the 2022 assessment year must pay a maintenance fee or file a maintenance fee waiver certificate on or before September 1, 2021, to prevent forfeiture.
• Biden administration considers ban on new mining
• 30 x 30 Termination Act
• Haaland confirmed as head of Department of Interior
• Proposed bills aim to lock up millions of acres of public lands
• Recall election could have implications for dredgers in California
To reach this goal, our federal government would need to designate another 45.7 million acres as protected lands every year.
• Resolution Copper project moves closer to fruition in Arizona
Companion bills set to be proposed by state lawmakers and US Rep. Betty McCollum seek to block copper mining on federal lands…
• Nevada miners get reprieve
• Georgia Senate race may set the stage for mining regulations
• New Executive Order on critical minerals
• Interior Department makes adjustments to LWCF
I found I could not go prospecting in areas where I did not have a mining claim and the Forest Service thought my mere presence was a danger to the forest.
• Nevada proposal to cap tax deductions for mining businesses stalls
• NEPA gets a much needed update
• Army Corps to release review of Pebble Mine
Mining claimants who wish to retain their mining claims on Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service lands through the 2021 assessment year must pay a maintenance fee or file a maintenance fee waiver certificate on or before September 1…
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects