Legislation & Regulation
- Interior Department reigns in “sue and settle”
- Comments needed on Forest Service Part 228 regulations
There are currently three controlling agencies or entities over suction dredging in California—and you can make that four if the state legislature decides to further muddy the waters with additional legislation to block suction gold dredging in the state.
We are in the planning stages for our next trip to DC. Clark and I are looking at returning after the mid-term elections, probably around the end of November or early December, to continue discussions with members of Congress…
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
The ESA has become an unwieldy beast that was hijacked by government agencies run amok, and by extreme environmental groups who saw it as a way to lock up public lands and to generate income through exaggerated claims and continuous lawsuits.
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
Casperson said he is not worried about businesses subverting the language in the bill because the DEQ would still have the authority to halt the new construction if it is deemed environmentally unsound.
The paper’s crack reporters filed requests under the Freedom of Information Act, demanding public release of “secret” emails explaining why the Interior Department recommended, and President Trump approved, shrinking Bears’ Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante National Monuments.
There are a few questions you will need to ask yourself before you apply for a suction dredge permit from the State Water Resources Control Board.
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
We have an opportunity to make significant and substantial changes to provide relief for small miners with the Trump Administration and the current makeup of Congress. We realize the time to act is now, but we need your help.
- Proposed budget for EPA
- California SB 1222
- 640 million acres and counting
- Gold and silver bullion
We have learned over the years, of course, that “previous development,” “roadless,” and “local support,” are in the mind of the beholder.