Legislation & Regulation
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
Casperson said he is not worried about businesses subverting the language in the bill because the DEQ would still have the authority to halt the new construction if it is deemed environmentally unsound.
The paper’s crack reporters filed requests under the Freedom of Information Act, demanding public release of “secret” emails explaining why the Interior Department recommended, and President Trump approved, shrinking Bears’ Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante National Monuments.
There are a few questions you will need to ask yourself before you apply for a suction dredge permit from the State Water Resources Control Board.
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
We have an opportunity to make significant and substantial changes to provide relief for small miners with the Trump Administration and the current makeup of Congress. We realize the time to act is now, but we need your help.
- Proposed budget for EPA
- California SB 1222
- 640 million acres and counting
- Gold and silver bullion
We have learned over the years, of course, that “previous development,” “roadless,” and “local support,” are in the mind of the beholder.
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
The Senator’s office was very receptive to the small miner’s plight and was unaware of the dire problems created by the over-regulation of small-scale mining from so many different fronts. It was pointed out that S 145 may help the large mining companies a little, but falls woefully short in addressing the needs of small operators who make up 85% of domestic mines.
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
The current administration is receptive; we believe the time is ripe to push for a return to reasonable regulations and to restore mining to a priority for public lands as long as some new crisis doesn’t take precedent.
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses