Legislation & Regulation
• Environmental groups push for more ESA listings
• Proposed grant program to recruit mining engineering students
I’m combining these columns this month because there is an overlapping issue I wanted to address -- the new Interior Department “working group” on mining reform
• WOTUS definition is changing again
• BLM HQ on the move again
• Big banks penalized for rigging gold price
• Mining royalties excluded from reconciliation bill
• BLM is moving back to DC?
• Gray wolf re-listed?
• EPA to redefine WOTUS again
Hennis claims that months later and without his permission, the EPA built a $2.3 million water treatment facility on the property and the agency continues treating water and storing waste there.
Mining claimants who wish to retain their mining claims on Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service lands through the 2022 assessment year must pay a maintenance fee or file a maintenance fee waiver certificate on or before September 1, 2021, to prevent forfeiture.
• Actions speak louder than words
• Biden nominee for BLM director has ties to eco-terrorist groups
• Governors push back on Biden’s public lands acquisition plan
To reach this goal, our federal government would need to designate another 45.7 million acres as protected lands every year.
• Additional access restrictions proposed in Arizona
• Oregon senators introduce bill to place state rivers and streams off-limits
Companion bills set to be proposed by state lawmakers and US Rep. Betty McCollum seek to block copper mining on federal lands…
• Biden’s incoming administration has green agenda
• Habitat definition finalized