Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2017 by Scott Harn
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
Landowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
• NEDC Surrenders in Oregon
• The California saga continues
Republican legislators say the funding is necessary to protect state interests...
• PLP continues the fight for miners' rights
• Oregon miners fight back
• Bills address strategic minerals
I hope this case inspires some of you. It shows that miners can and do succeed when they are persistent and well-prepared, even when representing themselves against state and federal attorneys in a court of law.
...we packed up our two dredges and headed for our claim about an hour away on the South Fork of the Clearwater to dredge openly in opposition to the EPA.
• Two million acres of proposed habitat
• Last chance for Nevada claim refunds
• California suction gold dredging update
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Looking for help smelting gold • Ask The Experts - Chlorine bleach and vinegar makes a deadly combination • Ask The Experts - Were there insufficient values to continue mining at this site? • Watch Out for Split Estates When Filing Your Claim • Detecting the Fringe Areas • Butte, Montana—The Richest Hill on Earth • Conrey Dredge No. 4—Part II • California: The Land of Big Nuggets—Part I • Gold Detecting Strategies for Hydraulic Mines and Debris Flows • New Technology for Extracting Lithium To Be Tested in Nevada • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices