Legislative and Regulatory Update
September 2017 by Scott Harn
- PLF sues over critical habitat
- Attorney General ends EPA slush fund
Within these districts, some of the roads and trails have been reopened for access, critical habitat designations have been scaled back, and a few Mining Districts were completely removed from proposed withdrawals.
This article may not be as interesting as someone describing a big nugget find in Australia...but right now the biggest obstacle to mining is our government.
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
• Battle continues in Oregon
• Stop annexation in Southern California
• EPA ignores Supreme Court ruling with new Idaho permit
• Alaska sues Feds to restore access rights
• California dredgers await next big court date
• WOTUS definition is changing again
• BLM HQ on the move again
Washington’s decision to bar new uranium mining near the Grand Canyon and other federal policies on energy and resource issues are barriers holding back Arizona and its residents from prosperity, Governor Jan Brewer told a congressional hearing March 16.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - Where can I get geological maps? • Ask The Experts - What happens to gold during flash flooding in dry areas? • Ask The Experts - How do gold and silver stocks react in market crashes? • Ask The Experts - I need help with more in-depth mining research • Ask The Experts - Is this gold? • Entry-Level Metal Detectors for Gold Prospecting • MMAC Update • Nice Specimen Gold Recovered in Northern California • How to Recognize Hard Rock Gold Ores • The Coeur Rochester Mine • Detecting and Recovering Those Tiny Pieces • EPA Chief to Reconsider Paying Claims Over Mine Waste Spill • Environmental Analysis Starts for Proposed Idaho Gold Mine • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices