Legislative and Regulatory Update
September 2017 by Scott Harn
- PLF sues over critical habitat
- Attorney General ends EPA slush fund
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
Retired geologist Dave Taylor of Farmington, New Mexico, predicted the disaster in a letter published by the Silverton Standard a week before it occurred.
Mining claimants who wish to retain their mining claims on Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service lands through the 2021 assessment year must pay a maintenance fee or file a maintenance fee waiver certificate on or before September 1…
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
• "Not a pollutant"
• Thank you Senator Sessions
• California suction dredging
• EPA uses secret email accounts
Representative Paul Shepherd stopped by, and Idaho County Commissioner Jim Chmelik dove with one of the dredgers so he could see for himself that no harm was being done to fish or their habitat.
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - Where can I get geological maps? • Ask The Experts - What happens to gold during flash flooding in dry areas? • Ask The Experts - How do gold and silver stocks react in market crashes? • Ask The Experts - I need help with more in-depth mining research • Ask The Experts - Is this gold? • Entry-Level Metal Detectors for Gold Prospecting • MMAC Update • Nice Specimen Gold Recovered in Northern California • How to Recognize Hard Rock Gold Ores • The Coeur Rochester Mine • Detecting and Recovering Those Tiny Pieces • EPA Chief to Reconsider Paying Claims Over Mine Waste Spill • Environmental Analysis Starts for Proposed Idaho Gold Mine • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices