Legislative and Regulatory Update
October 2017 by Scott Harn
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
Alaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
• Pendley nomination withdrawn but will remain BLM director for now
• Comments needed for Midas Gold project in Idaho
• US Supreme Court declines to hear dredging controversy
• Why Senate Bill S3422 is bad for America
• Comment deadline extended for new California dredging regulations
…I’ll be heading back to Washington, DC, on June 4 with Clark Pearson of PLP for nearly a week of meetings with the Mine Safety and Health Administration, US Forest Service, Environmental Protection Agency, and numerous members of Congress in both the House and Senate.
• Settlement hearings
• Fighting back
The Bureau of Land Management announced an increase in location filing fees and annual maintenance fees for unpatented mining claims, mill sites and tunnel sites.
• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Where should I get my geology degree? • Ask The Experts - How much rock shall I crush to determine the value? • Placers Directly Associated with Lode Deposits • Is It Time for a Change? New Ways to Find More Gold • MMAC Update • Silverton's Gold • Procuring Mine Owner Permission at a Mine Site • Champions Crowned at the California State Gold Panning Championships • Drywashing for Fine Gold • ICMJ Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit Postponed • Kennecott Copper Mine, Kennecott, Alaska • High Prices for Gold, Silver & Copper: What Does it Mean for Prospectors? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices