Legislative and Regulatory Update
October 2017 by Scott Harn
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
We soon found that our discovery post and other claim markers were gone and replaced with new posts and a notice of location with an earlier date than had been on our notice of location.
An Assembly panel approved a measure to repeal the constitutional tax cap on net proceeds paid by mining companies in Nevada.
• Oregon proposed withdrawal
The very way it was done at the time didn’t give one much confidence in the objectivity and honesty of the BLM study.
Landowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Where should I get my geology degree? • Ask The Experts - How much rock shall I crush to determine the value? • Placers Directly Associated with Lode Deposits • Is It Time for a Change? New Ways to Find More Gold • MMAC Update • Silverton's Gold • Procuring Mine Owner Permission at a Mine Site • Champions Crowned at the California State Gold Panning Championships • Drywashing for Fine Gold • ICMJ Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit Postponed • Kennecott Copper Mine, Kennecott, Alaska • High Prices for Gold, Silver & Copper: What Does it Mean for Prospectors? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices