Legislative and Regulatory Update
October 2017 by Scott Harn
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
Suction dredging court cases in California linger on
• BLM proposed budget asks for funds for mining restrictions
• Oregon bill 838
• California suction gold dredging update
Gold in Minnesota?
- Property rights advocate in running for top BLM spot
- “Draining the swamp” at Interior
Have you ever wondered what it is going to take to stop the insanity of politicians and environmental groups from taking away our rights?
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
Federal safety inspectors have ordered one of the nation’s deepest underground mines closed in northern Idaho following an investigation prompted by a series of accidents that killed two miners over the last year.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Where should I get my geology degree? • Ask The Experts - How much rock shall I crush to determine the value? • Placers Directly Associated with Lode Deposits • Is It Time for a Change? New Ways to Find More Gold • MMAC Update • Silverton's Gold • Procuring Mine Owner Permission at a Mine Site • Champions Crowned at the California State Gold Panning Championships • Drywashing for Fine Gold • ICMJ Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit Postponed • Kennecott Copper Mine, Kennecott, Alaska • High Prices for Gold, Silver & Copper: What Does it Mean for Prospectors? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices