Legislative and Regulatory Update
November 2017 by Scott Harn
- EPA ends "sue and settle"
- Sage grouse mineral withdrawal cancelled
• US Supreme Court declines to hear dredging controversy
• Why Senate Bill S3422 is bad for America
• Comment deadline extended for new California dredging regulations
• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
It was a milestone day in the battle to maintain the rights of miners to dredge on federal mining claims in California.
• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
Judge Ochoa went so far as to call the California permit scheme “unenforceable.”
We’ve heard from miners in Arizona about federal agencies closing off historic roads that provide access for miners, and we need your input.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - How do I work this glacial deposit? • Ask The Experts - How do I best recover gold in pyrite? • It Pays to Know Your Bedrock • BLM Cancels 10-Million-Acre Sage Grouse Mineral Withdrawal • Take it to Bedrock • The Beatty Mining District of Nevada • Flood Plain Gold Deposits—What Are They Really? • Exploring Iron Oxide Copper Gold Deposits • Conrey Dredge No. 4 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices