Legislative and Regulatory Update
November 2017 by Scott Harn
- EPA ends "sue and settle"
- Sage grouse mineral withdrawal cancelled
- Oregon miners petition US Supreme Court in Bohmker v. Oregon
- Wheeler receives hearing as EPA administrator
Federal safety inspectors have ordered one of the nation’s deepest underground mines closed in northern Idaho following an investigation prompted by a series of accidents that killed two miners over the last year.
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
Because September 1 falls on a Sunday this year; and Monday, September 2, is a holiday, the BLM will accept yearly filings through September 3.
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
• Positive bill passes House
• Anti-mining bill dies in Washington State
• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - How do I work this glacial deposit? • Ask The Experts - How do I best recover gold in pyrite? • It Pays to Know Your Bedrock • BLM Cancels 10-Million-Acre Sage Grouse Mineral Withdrawal • Take it to Bedrock • The Beatty Mining District of Nevada • Flood Plain Gold Deposits—What Are They Really? • Exploring Iron Oxide Copper Gold Deposits • Conrey Dredge No. 4 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices