Legislative and Regulatory Update
November 2017 by Scott Harn
- EPA ends "sue and settle"
- Sage grouse mineral withdrawal cancelled
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
They cited concerns that the Trump administration would allow more logging, oil drilling, mining or development on some of the 46 million acres controlled by the federal government in California.
NOI or POO for small backhoe
Since 2005, a group representing a handful of Oregon and Washington mining organizations, centered around the Eastern Oregon Mining Association (EOMA) and the Waldo Mining District (WMD), have been actively fighting the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) over their then new “700PM Suction Dredge Mining Permit.”
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - How do I work this glacial deposit? • Ask The Experts - How do I best recover gold in pyrite? • It Pays to Know Your Bedrock • BLM Cancels 10-Million-Acre Sage Grouse Mineral Withdrawal • Take it to Bedrock • The Beatty Mining District of Nevada • Flood Plain Gold Deposits—What Are They Really? • Exploring Iron Oxide Copper Gold Deposits • Conrey Dredge No. 4 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices