EPA Reopens Comments on Pebble Project
August 2017 by Associated Press
The settlement did not grant an immediate approval for the project, but it did begin to clear the way for the company to apply for federal permits—a path the Obama administration previously had thwarted.
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
Rather than using the practice of government seizure of private property to promote economic development, the county is using it to preserve open space.
“When dealing with federal agencies...”
- House appropriations bills introduced
- Two Minnesota hardrock mining leases reinstated
- Equal Access to Justice Act
We're done watching as an unelected and unchecked bureaucracy, with rule-making authority, enforcement powers, and seemingly bottomless budgets abuses citizens at will.
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: How would you go about evaluating a silver deposit? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • How to Make a Rock Sled for Dredging • More on Detecting Pocket Gold • The Rochester Mining District of Nevada • Early Summer Mining in Wyoming • US Rare Earths: We Have & We Have Not • National Hall of Fame Names 2017 Inductees • Over the Divide: Wayne (Jerry) Keene 1934-2017 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices