BLM Cancels 10-Million-Acre Sage Grouse Mineral Withdrawal
November 2017 by Chris Ralph
The very way it was done at the time didn’t give one much confidence in the objectivity and honesty of the BLM study.
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
We have an opportunity to make significant and substantial changes to provide relief for small miners with the Trump Administration and the current makeup of Congress. We realize the time to act is now, but we need your help.
We definitely got their undivided attention with our presentations. As a direct result of our presentations, the Desert Advisory Council recommended a Memorandum of Understanding be put together between the council and the Rand Mining District. This MOU was recently completed.
Thomas Tierney has been a long-time subscriber to ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal and has read about the many battles between miners and overzealous regulators. Then he faced his own battle.
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
• Republican bill would reopen Grand Canyon withdrawal
• Obama recommends additional fees and taxes on miners
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts - How do I work this glacial deposit? • Ask The Experts - How do I best recover gold in pyrite? • It Pays to Know Your Bedrock • Take it to Bedrock • The Beatty Mining District of Nevada • Flood Plain Gold Deposits—What Are They Really? • Exploring Iron Oxide Copper Gold Deposits • Conrey Dredge No. 4 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices