Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2017 by Scott Harn
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
We have learned over the years, of course, that “previous development,” “roadless,” and “local support,” are in the mind of the beholder.
• Forest Service proposes next step in Agenda 21
• 9th Circuit deals blow to small miners
The fire started early October 4, destroying the Bureau of Land Management office on the edge of town within minutes.
We have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
• Our Federal Landlord
• One down, two to go
• Challenging timing windows in Washington State
• More roadblocks to mining
Even if the California Supreme Court had ruled in favor of Rinehart, suction dredge miners would be facing the wrath of the State Water Resources Control Board...
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: How would you go about evaluating a silver deposit? • How to Make a Rock Sled for Dredging • More on Detecting Pocket Gold • The Rochester Mining District of Nevada • Early Summer Mining in Wyoming • US Rare Earths: We Have & We Have Not • National Hall of Fame Names 2017 Inductees • EPA Reopens Comments on Pebble Project • Over the Divide: Wayne (Jerry) Keene 1934-2017 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices