Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2017 by Scott Harn
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
All of which brings us back to the question of why we rely so heavily on China in the first place. America’s economy is heavily dependent upon energy and telecommunications, but does that require Chinese manufacturing? Clearly not.
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
• Conformation for some
• Congress canceling regulations
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: How would you go about evaluating a silver deposit? • How to Make a Rock Sled for Dredging • More on Detecting Pocket Gold • The Rochester Mining District of Nevada • Early Summer Mining in Wyoming • US Rare Earths: We Have & We Have Not • National Hall of Fame Names 2017 Inductees • EPA Reopens Comments on Pebble Project • Over the Divide: Wayne (Jerry) Keene 1934-2017 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices