Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2017 by Scott Harn
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
• BLM proposed budget asks for funds for mining restrictions
• Oregon bill 838
• California suction gold dredging update
SB 765...would tax suction gold dredgers by charging a $50 annual fee for in-state dredgers and a whopping $2,500 fee for out-of-state dredgers for each county where the miner intends to dredge.
• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
The 100-yard restriction in SB838 actually applies to all motorized mining for the purpose of extracting gold, silver or any other precious metal that results in the disturbance of vegetation.
• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
While the Water Board documented the selenium levels in fish and noted they exceed the levels of mercury, they have yet to acknowledge the numerous scientific studies that show selenium effectively neutralizes the effects of mercury.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: How would you go about evaluating a silver deposit? • How to Make a Rock Sled for Dredging • More on Detecting Pocket Gold • The Rochester Mining District of Nevada • Early Summer Mining in Wyoming • US Rare Earths: We Have & We Have Not • National Hall of Fame Names 2017 Inductees • EPA Reopens Comments on Pebble Project • Over the Divide: Wayne (Jerry) Keene 1934-2017 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices