Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2017 by Scott Harn
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
Within these districts, some of the roads and trails have been reopened for access, critical habitat designations have been scaled back, and a few Mining Districts were completely removed from proposed withdrawals.
Somehow the Bureau of Land Management seems to have forgotten that they work for the people.
• Pacific Legal Foundation joins effort to overturn California dredging moratorium
• PLP fund drive continues
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
We have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
• US Supreme Court declines to hear dredging controversy
• Why Senate Bill S3422 is bad for America
• Comment deadline extended for new California dredging regulations
- Oregon miners petition US Supreme Court in Bohmker v. Oregon
- Wheeler receives hearing as EPA administrator
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: How would you go about evaluating a silver deposit? • How to Make a Rock Sled for Dredging • More on Detecting Pocket Gold • The Rochester Mining District of Nevada • Early Summer Mining in Wyoming • US Rare Earths: We Have & We Have Not • National Hall of Fame Names 2017 Inductees • EPA Reopens Comments on Pebble Project • Over the Divide: Wayne (Jerry) Keene 1934-2017 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices