Legislative and Regulatory Update
May 2017 by Scott Harn
Oregon Senate passes Senate Bill 3
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
Gold in Minnesota?
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
• The good, the bad, and the ugly
• California and Oregon dredge permits
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
Landowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
• CA Fish & Game Final SEIR
• Positive news from California?
• Still no results in Wisconsin
• Give us back our lands
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: How many claims can I file in Arizona? • Ask The Experts: What should I do with a large amount of old placer concentrates? • Shaker Tables for Processing Hard Rock Ores • Becoming a Successful Detectorist • Hand Panning Micro-Fine Gold • Sampling, Hydro-Shocking & Cleaning Quartz-Gold Specimens • My Lucky Thirteen Nuggets • Crushing, Grinding and Pulverizing • A Break in the Weather • From the Editor • Prospecting Knowledge -- Pass It On! • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Over The Divide: Miles John Mitchell