US Rare Earths: We Have & We Have Not
August 2017 by Don Fife
America’s premier source of strategic REEs were regulated out of business and 300 employees lost their jobs. For almost fifteen years America has been dependent on the communist Chinese cartel.
On November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
We now have supporters who are well known and connected in Washington, DC, and who state they will assist us in bypassing lower level staffers and getting us face-to-face meetings with Senators.
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
Gold in Minnesota?
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
Unfortunately, mining is politically unpopular and support of the mining industry, no matter how many jobs it brings to a state, even in times of difficult financial need, is never popular among politicians of any stripe.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: How would you go about evaluating a silver deposit? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • How to Make a Rock Sled for Dredging • More on Detecting Pocket Gold • The Rochester Mining District of Nevada • Early Summer Mining in Wyoming • National Hall of Fame Names 2017 Inductees • EPA Reopens Comments on Pebble Project • Over the Divide: Wayne (Jerry) Keene 1934-2017 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices