Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2017 by Scott Harn• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
• Pendley nomination withdrawn but will remain BLM director for now
• Comments needed for Midas Gold project in Idaho
• Extremist groups are at it again
• Trump-era actions on endangered species being reviewed again.
The legislators soon came to the realization that Mining Districts and our proposed bill can solve many of the problems they currently face in their home states.
I hope this case inspires some of you. It shows that miners can and do succeed when they are persistent and well-prepared, even when representing themselves against state and federal attorneys in a court of law.
• Settlement hearings
• Fighting back
...Judge Ochoa ordered the parties to participate in mandatory settlement hearings starting June 24, 2014.
For now, MSHA is just collecting information. However, the information it collects will shape what comes next.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Looking for help on unproven claim • Calcite and Limestone • Detecting Basics: Lose the Bad Habits Not the Gold • Feather River Gold • Detecting Alluvial Bench Deposits • Underground Mining: Getting the Ore Out • From Vietnam to Wedding Bands • Trade-Ins, Swaps and Like-Kind Exchanges • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices