Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2017 by Scott Harn• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
As a plaintiff in one of the lawsuits, I’m not allowed to talk about specifics in the court-ordered negotiations currently underway in San Bernardino. However, I do want to let you know we are making progress…
We have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
Keep in mind there are specific steps that must be taken to get your traditional mining district organized if it has fallen into disarray.
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
• Forest Service proposes next step in Agenda 21
• 9th Circuit deals blow to small miners
The 100-yard restriction in SB838 actually applies to all motorized mining for the purpose of extracting gold, silver or any other precious metal that results in the disturbance of vegetation.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Looking for help on unproven claim • Calcite and Limestone • Detecting Basics: Lose the Bad Habits Not the Gold • Feather River Gold • Detecting Alluvial Bench Deposits • Underground Mining: Getting the Ore Out • From Vietnam to Wedding Bands • Trade-Ins, Swaps and Like-Kind Exchanges • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices