Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2017 by Scott Harn• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
- PLF sues over critical habitat
- Attorney General ends EPA slush fund
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
Oregon Senate passes Senate Bill 3
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
We spent the morning in a meeting with one of the higher-ups at the US Forest Service. I presented him with 412 complaints received from our readers, along with a summary of the complaints to make his job easier.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Looking for help on unproven claim • Calcite and Limestone • Detecting Basics: Lose the Bad Habits Not the Gold • Feather River Gold • Detecting Alluvial Bench Deposits • Underground Mining: Getting the Ore Out • From Vietnam to Wedding Bands • Trade-Ins, Swaps and Like-Kind Exchanges • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices