Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2017 by Scott Harn• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
I hope this case inspires some of you. It shows that miners can and do succeed when they are persistent and well-prepared, even when representing themselves against state and federal attorneys in a court of law.
...Judge Ochoa ordered the parties to participate in mandatory settlement hearings starting June 24, 2014.
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
…I’ll be heading back to Washington, DC, on June 4 with Clark Pearson of PLP for nearly a week of meetings with the Mine Safety and Health Administration, US Forest Service, Environmental Protection Agency, and numerous members of Congress in both the House and Senate.
The approval, which affects 87 acres on the south end of Silver City, allows the company to move forward with exploration to determine the area's mining potential.
- Welcome changes in Washington, DC
- Giving power back to the people
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Looking for help on unproven claim • Calcite and Limestone • Detecting Basics: Lose the Bad Habits Not the Gold • Feather River Gold • Detecting Alluvial Bench Deposits • Underground Mining: Getting the Ore Out • From Vietnam to Wedding Bands • Trade-Ins, Swaps and Like-Kind Exchanges • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices