Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2017 by Scott Harn• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
Superior Court Judge Karen L. Dixon granted the temporary restraining order on July 3, 2013.
In May, 2016, the Andersons received a letter from Steve Niemela at the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife requesting access to their property to conduct surveys for “foothill yellow-legged frogs and other amphibians.”
Besides the EPA issue, our major priority is to work on the proposed amendment to the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act (S 145), a bill proposed in the Senate by US Senator Dean Heller (R-Nevada).
• Idaho maintains control
• Enough wilderness already
• Restraining the EPA
• Republicans on the attack
• DOI requests hard rock royalty
• New Forest Service plans
• Bill supporting small miners
• New mercury emission regs
• Latest info on California suction dredging
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
Republican legislators say the funding is necessary to protect state interests...
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Looking for help on unproven claim • Calcite and Limestone • Detecting Basics: Lose the Bad Habits Not the Gold • Feather River Gold • Detecting Alluvial Bench Deposits • Underground Mining: Getting the Ore Out • From Vietnam to Wedding Bands • Trade-Ins, Swaps and Like-Kind Exchanges • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices