Legislation and Regulation
July 2023 by Jordan Harger
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
Phone or email these Senators and politely express your thoughts and opinions on the pending legislation. (See Legislative and Regulatory Update for more information on the pending legislation.)
We can either surrender or draw a line in the sand and fight to hold the remaining mining rights we still have.
• BLM is moving back to DC?
• Gray wolf re-listed?
• EPA to redefine WOTUS again
The Idaho Gamble Part 3 • First Gold • Explosives Outlook 2023 • The Rich Mining History of Two Mother-Load Towns • Finding Art in the Desert • Resource Maven Independent Analysis of the Resource Markets • Improving Your Nugget Count With A Detector