September 2022 by Gwen Preston
Stocks have been on a run. The S&P 500 is up 14% from its June low; the NASDAQ 100 is up about 20%. Yet sentiment is dismal.
• California suction dredging
• House shows support for public land use
After many decades of closures, land-use restrictions, and over-regulation, miners and all other public land users may finally see some real relief due to the efforts of MMAC.
118th Congress 1st session
• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
Casperson said he is not worried about businesses subverting the language in the bill because the DEQ would still have the authority to halt the new construction if it is deemed environmentally unsound.
• Sheriff withdraws Forest Service law enforcement authority
Geology of Placer Deposits: Reading a River • Grass Valley, Nevada City, Malakoff Diggings, Northern California • Let Nature Help • Electronic Prospecting: The Hunt for Coarse Gold • Glacial Prospecting Basics Part 1 • Gleaning for Gold Part 2 • PLP Update • Blast From the Past