September 2022 by Gwen Preston
Stocks have been on a run. The S&P 500 is up 14% from its June low; the NASDAQ 100 is up about 20%. Yet sentiment is dismal.
• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
As prospectors, we cannot just roll over and continue to ignore the shift in public land management from multiple use to national preserve.
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
A federal judge has tossed a lawsuit filed by opponents of a Tucson-area mine that had accused the US Forest Service of violating two federal laws in its handling of the mine issue.
• Actions speak louder than words
• Biden nominee for BLM director has ties to eco-terrorist groups
Online 3D version Coming Soon • Geology of Placer Deposits: Reading a River • Grass Valley, Nevada City, Malakoff Diggings, Northern California • Let Nature Help • Electronic Prospecting: The Hunt for Coarse Gold • Glacial Prospecting Basics Part 1 • Gleaning for Gold Part 2 • PLP Update • Blast From the Past