Legislation and Regulation
October 2023 by Jordan Harger
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
• California suction dredgers had better prepare for battle
118th Congress 1st session
Federal safety inspectors have ordered one of the nation’s deepest underground mines closed in northern Idaho following an investigation prompted by a series of accidents that killed two miners over the last year.
Rather than using the practice of government seizure of private property to promote economic development, the county is using it to preserve open space.
Sampling Mission in Placer County's Last Chance Mining District • Discovering Nugget Hollow • Google Earth Pro for Prospectors and Miners • Finding Gold - Fact vs Fiction • A Hole In One • Drilling Down - Looking With Drill Bit Eyes