Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2022 by Staff
• Extremist groups are at it again
• Trump-era actions on endangered species being reviewed again.
- November elections
- Anti-mining ballot initiative rejected in Montana
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
It was a milestone day in the battle to maintain the rights of miners to dredge on federal mining claims in California.
• Additional access restrictions proposed in Arizona
• Oregon senators introduce bill to place state rivers and streams off-limits
- Comments needed regarding proposed NEPA improvements
- Efforts underway to fix the ESA
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
They want to close our roads on public land (built by taxpayer funds) to keep us and our disabled veterans out. And it won’t stop with just mining.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Quartz: The Indicator of Gold • On the Road • High Sierra Gold • Trails to Gold • Stamp Mills • Prospecting the Easy Way • The Importance of Prepping you Gold Detecting Spots • Hunting for Big Gold in a Haunted Canyon • PLP Update • Blast from the Past—The Source of Gold Mines Cranks up for Business Men • Resource Maven—Independent Analysis of the Resource Markets • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral and Metal Prices • Over the Divide: Retta Atkins & Darren VanHouten