Options Narrowed for Managing Chugach National Forest
February 2000 by Associated PressPlanners are narrowing their options for managing the 5.3 million-acre area Chugach National Forest.
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
• How many parts per million make a project viable?
Wyoming is a vast state, covering nearly 260,000 km2 of surface area, which houses fewer people than most cities (less than 500,000 call Wyoming home). The state has no state income tax, is driven by taxes generated by the oil and gas...
Q: Is there a special name for this silver and copper alloy?
At least 6 million ounces of gold have been produced in Oregon since 1859. Since there are no accurate records of production prior to 1904, it is obvious that total gold production was considerably higher than that which has been recorded.
Well, the long-anticipated US election was held the first Tuesday of November. If you were a partisan of the Republican Party, victory was sweet, indeed. If you supported Kerry and his pals, our truest sympathies, for the electoral devastation was complete. Bush won in both the Electoral College and popular vote contests...
The State Division of Governmental Coordination said it should have been asked to review the project a year ago to make sure the mine complies with the Alaska Coastal Zone Management Plan.
The Bawl Mill • Clinton Declares Three More National Monuments • McCain Derides Clinton Forest Policy • Foreigners Lure Mining Partners • Pacific Island Gov'ts Focus on Undersea Mining • Company Notes • Diamond Fever • Gold in Jasperoid • Underground Geologic Mapping • New Quarry Regulations in West Virginia • Ash Fork Calm After Explosives Theft • Picks & Pans: Mining in Ghana • Little Rocky Mountains, Montana • Collector Reaches New Lows to Find Bottles • Chinese Camp, California and the Tong War of 1856 • Millie's Tailings • Visionaries, Scoundrels, and Gamblers • Executive Defends Special Mill Site Exemption • Chasing the Ghosts of Forty-Niners • Washoe County Balks at Black Rock Desert Plan • State's Only Gold Mine Processes Last Precious Ore • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back