February 2000 by W. Dan HauselIn South Africa, a "gregory" is the term applied to a blunder of major proportion. James Gregory will forever be remembered in South African slang as the professor from Great Britain who made one heck of a "gregory."
All these decisions and more depend on the richness of a claim—something that is determined by sampling. But sampling isn’t cheap, and even collecting the samples can be more difficult than it appears on the surface.
• Regulations add fuel to the fire...
• We'd like to give the Postal Service our two cents!
• By the numbers...
Lesa Dale Barton, formerly of Armadillo Mining Shop of Grants Pass, Oregon, passed away September 6, 2006 after bravely fighting cancer for several months.
• DOI limits Wilderness
• Current California administration solidifies anti-mining stance
• Juneau welcomes miners
• Bill would restrict public land purchases
• Barrick wins suit against EPA reporting requirements
• Utah obtains rights-of-way on federal lands
• Pendley nomination withdrawn but will remain BLM director for now
• Comments needed for Midas Gold project in Idaho
In my travels, and my experience with gravity tables, one thing has implanted itself in my mind. What about the tails?
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
The Bawl Mill • Clinton Declares Three More National Monuments • McCain Derides Clinton Forest Policy • Foreigners Lure Mining Partners • Pacific Island Gov'ts Focus on Undersea Mining • Options Narrowed for Managing Chugach National Forest • Company Notes • Gold in Jasperoid • Underground Geologic Mapping • New Quarry Regulations in West Virginia • Ash Fork Calm After Explosives Theft • Picks & Pans: Mining in Ghana • Little Rocky Mountains, Montana • Collector Reaches New Lows to Find Bottles • Chinese Camp, California and the Tong War of 1856 • Millie's Tailings • Visionaries, Scoundrels, and Gamblers • Executive Defends Special Mill Site Exemption • Chasing the Ghosts of Forty-Niners • Washoe County Balks at Black Rock Desert Plan • State's Only Gold Mine Processes Last Precious Ore • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back