February 2000 by Staff• Mountain Province Mining Inc.
• Shoreham Resources Ltd.
• Gemcom Software International
• Rio Tinto
• Agriculture employees caught grazing on taxpayer funds
• A long wait at the bus stop...
• Taxpayers foot the bill...
• Sticky business
• Bush lets Roadless Rule take effect while promising changes
• USFS seeks comments for Utah forest
• A bold move by a small town
• Forest Service wants to encourage return of Canada lynx
• Update on Oregon's Measure 7
For Maria McCracken, the quest for gold has been a life-long experience. Maria runs the New 49’ers Prospecting Club in Happy Camp, California, along with her husband Dave, and Gerry Westerkamp. But lately her focus has been on silver.
Canyon Resources Corporation announced results of a recent Montana poll and events in the Montana Legislative session related to citizen efforts to modify or overturn the anti-mining initiative (I-137) passed in 1998 that bans the use of cyanide in open-pit gold and silver mining.
• Small miners can join bonding pool in Alaska
• Comments needed for diesel particulate matter proposed rule
• Administration asks Supreme Court to review wilderness ruling
• Bush selects Utah Governor as next EPA chief
America has lost another ex-president with the passing last month of Gerald Ford, the only non-elected president in history. It is worth remembering, however, that he came into the office under incredibly difficult circumstances and acquitted himself well. He will be fondly remembered.
The Bawl Mill • Clinton Declares Three More National Monuments • McCain Derides Clinton Forest Policy • Foreigners Lure Mining Partners • Pacific Island Gov'ts Focus on Undersea Mining • Options Narrowed for Managing Chugach National Forest • Diamond Fever • Gold in Jasperoid • Underground Geologic Mapping • New Quarry Regulations in West Virginia • Ash Fork Calm After Explosives Theft • Picks & Pans: Mining in Ghana • Little Rocky Mountains, Montana • Collector Reaches New Lows to Find Bottles • Chinese Camp, California and the Tong War of 1856 • Millie's Tailings • Visionaries, Scoundrels, and Gamblers • Executive Defends Special Mill Site Exemption • Chasing the Ghosts of Forty-Niners • Washoe County Balks at Black Rock Desert Plan • State's Only Gold Mine Processes Last Precious Ore • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back