Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2018 by Scott Harn
- November elections
- Anti-mining ballot initiative rejected in Montana
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
We ask that all who attend this demonstration bring their mining equipment to display and actively talk with the attending public in a courteous fashion about the benefits of suction dredging…
• Sheriff withdraws Forest Service law enforcement authority
It's a proven civil remedy to put an end to harassment by notifying a person who is either overstepping their authority, or failing to act as required, that they will be sued personally for an act or omission.
An Assembly panel approved a measure to repeal the constitutional tax cap on net proceeds paid by mining companies in Nevada.
• California dredging update
• Study: Sage grouse does not need protection
• Tennessee enacts harsh new gold prospecting regulations
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - LR 2000, ArcGIS, and other mapping applications • Ask The Experts - Advice for a new prospector in Placerville, California? • Placer Gold Deposits of Utah • Proven Strategies for Detecting Gold • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: Lesson Learned • Time to Come Home • Gold Indicators—What to Look for in the Goldfields • The Rest of the Story—Detecting With Ray Mills • Gold and Mining Stocks Will Rebound—But When? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
Ask The Experts - Can a detonation help determine the size and location of basalt? • On the fence about subscribing? Want to check out a 3D sample issue? • Resurrecting An Old Hard Rock Mine • PLP Update