Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2018 by Scott Harn
- November elections
- Anti-mining ballot initiative rejected in Montana
He certainly wasn’t afraid of a fight or a court battle, and he didn’t back away from calling out those who tried to compromise the rights of miners.
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
The Colorado Mining Association is asking the US Supreme Court to review a 2001 rule that largely barred new roads on 58 million acres of roadless areas in national forests.
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - LR 2000, ArcGIS, and other mapping applications • Ask The Experts - Advice for a new prospector in Placerville, California? • Placer Gold Deposits of Utah • Proven Strategies for Detecting Gold • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: Lesson Learned • Time to Come Home • Gold Indicators—What to Look for in the Goldfields • The Rest of the Story—Detecting With Ray Mills • Gold and Mining Stocks Will Rebound—But When? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
Ask The Experts - Can a detonation help determine the size and location of basalt? • On the fence about subscribing? Want to check out a 3D sample issue? • Resurrecting An Old Hard Rock Mine • PLP Update