Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2018 by Scott Harn
- November elections
- Anti-mining ballot initiative rejected in Montana
• CA Fish & Game Final SEIR
• Positive news from California?
• Still no results in Wisconsin
• Give us back our lands
During discussions with other property rights advocates and members of the current administration, Karen Budd-Falen’s name was mentioned many times as a possible director for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
In the meantime, we will continue our multi-pronged approach to seek regulatory relief at the federal level while supporting those court cases that are built on a strong legal foundation.
Is there any hope for a solution? Yes, there is, and we’ve been working with Public Lands for the People, the Minerals and Mining Advisory Council, attorney James Buchal and others on that solution.
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
• Anti-dredging bill SB 637 passes
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - LR 2000, ArcGIS, and other mapping applications • Ask The Experts - Advice for a new prospector in Placerville, California? • Placer Gold Deposits of Utah • Proven Strategies for Detecting Gold • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: Lesson Learned • Time to Come Home • Gold Indicators—What to Look for in the Goldfields • The Rest of the Story—Detecting With Ray Mills • Gold and Mining Stocks Will Rebound—But When? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
Ask The Experts - Can a detonation help determine the size and location of basalt? • On the fence about subscribing? Want to check out a 3D sample issue? • Resurrecting An Old Hard Rock Mine • PLP Update