Legislative and Regulatory Update
May 2011 by Scott Harn• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
Republican legislators say the funding is necessary to protect state interests...
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
After many decades of closures, land-use restrictions, and over-regulation, miners and all other public land users may finally see some real relief due to the efforts of MMAC.
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
The Bawl Mill • Why Haven't They Mined This Claim? • Ask The Experts—Where can I find information on the Abby mine? • Ask The Experts—Is it possible for a mountain range to have good lode gold deposits and yet the area streams not carrying like deposits of gold? • Ask The Experts—How do you amend a placer claim? • Ask The Experts—What happened to the BLM web site geocommunicator.gov? • The Ups and Downs of Geologic Faults • Fountain of Youth Gold • Suction Dredging Update for California & Idaho • The Disappearance of State Mining Departments • The Golden Streams of Butte County, California • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices