Our Readers Say
December 2016 by Staff“When dealing with federal agencies...”
We definitely got their undivided attention with our presentations. As a direct result of our presentations, the Desert Advisory Council recommended a Memorandum of Understanding be put together between the council and the Rand Mining District. This MOU was recently completed.
• Nevada proposal to cap tax deductions for mining businesses stalls
• NEPA gets a much needed update
• Army Corps to release review of Pebble Mine
• Forest Service proposes next step in Agenda 21
• 9th Circuit deals blow to small miners
• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
Keep in mind there are specific steps that must be taken to get your traditional mining district organized if it has fallen into disarray.
• Nevada miners get reprieve
• Georgia Senate race may set the stage for mining regulations
• New Executive Order on critical minerals
• Interior Department makes adjustments to LWCF
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts: What type of wetsuit do I need? • Prospector's Guide to Rock Breaking and Blasting • MMAC Update • Pros and Cons of Big Detector Coils • Prospecting and Mining Old Mine Sites • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas • Mining Districts and Community Outreach • Alaskan Gold Adventure • Learning the Game and the Power to Change It • Central Idaho Federal Employees Back to Work With Local Help • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver