Our Readers Say
December 2016 by Staff“When dealing with federal agencies...”
• California suction dredgers had better prepare for battle
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
As prospectors, we cannot just roll over and continue to ignore the shift in public land management from multiple use to national preserve.
...Judge Ochoa ordered the parties to participate in mandatory settlement hearings starting June 24, 2014.
- EPA ends "sue and settle"
- Sage grouse mineral withdrawal cancelled
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
Mr. Hughes was obviously shaken by our interaction and we are quite confident he assumed we were all missing teeth, long-haired, uneducated, backwoods miners who would immediately become submissive. That didn’t happen...
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts: What type of wetsuit do I need? • Prospector's Guide to Rock Breaking and Blasting • MMAC Update • Pros and Cons of Big Detector Coils • Prospecting and Mining Old Mine Sites • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas • Mining Districts and Community Outreach • Alaskan Gold Adventure • Learning the Game and the Power to Change It • Central Idaho Federal Employees Back to Work With Local Help • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver