Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2013 by Scott Harn• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
Keep in mind there are specific steps that must be taken to get your traditional mining district organized if it has fallen into disarray.
Representative Paul Shepherd stopped by, and Idaho County Commissioner Jim Chmelik dove with one of the dredgers so he could see for himself that no harm was being done to fish or their habitat.
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
• US Supreme Court may consider requirements for Notitce of Intent
• Oregon considering mining restrictions
• Latest developments in California suction dredging moratorium
• Spotted owl habitat
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Gold Deposits of Montana • Benches and Fossil Placers • Turning Hobby Mining into Business Mining • Buying a Mining Claim: Questions to Ask • Looking for that Hidden Placer • The Many Facets of Iron • And the Survey Says... • $50 Million Swiped in Diamond Heist • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices