Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2013 by Scott Harn• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
For now, MSHA is just collecting information. However, the information it collects will shape what comes next.
• Senators object to “Build Back Better” royalty provision
• Biden reverses Utah monument reductions
• Eco-terrorist confirmed
…the men sought to “inject false and misleading information about the genuine supply and demand for precious metals futures contracts into the markets, and to deceive other participants”…
• WOTUS definition is changing again
• BLM HQ on the move again
- Property rights advocate in running for top BLM spot
- “Draining the swamp” at Interior
• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Gold Deposits of Montana • Benches and Fossil Placers • Turning Hobby Mining into Business Mining • Buying a Mining Claim: Questions to Ask • Looking for that Hidden Placer • The Many Facets of Iron • And the Survey Says... • $50 Million Swiped in Diamond Heist • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices