Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2013 by Scott Harn• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
The law is on our side, but we’ve seen some crazy rulings coming out of courtrooms lately. I believe Rinehart will win his case, but then we move on to the State Water Resources Control Board.
We’ve heard from miners in Arizona about federal agencies closing off historic roads that provide access for miners, and we need your input.
There are currently three controlling agencies or entities over suction dredging in California—and you can make that four if the state legislature decides to further muddy the waters with additional legislation to block suction gold dredging in the state.
• Pacific Legal Foundation joins effort to overturn California dredging moratorium
• PLP fund drive continues
• PLP continues the fight for miners' rights
• Oregon miners fight back
• Bills address strategic minerals
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Gold Deposits of Montana • Benches and Fossil Placers • Turning Hobby Mining into Business Mining • Buying a Mining Claim: Questions to Ask • Looking for that Hidden Placer • The Many Facets of Iron • And the Survey Says... • $50 Million Swiped in Diamond Heist • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices