Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2013 by Scott Harn• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
• ESA changes for the better
• Additional access restrictions proposed in Arizona
• Oregon senators introduce bill to place state rivers and streams off-limits
I want to stress that this is just the first step to fixing many of the regulatory issues we identified in discussions with the current administration. There will be plenty more to come.
The Colorado Mining Association is asking the US Supreme Court to review a 2001 rule that largely barred new roads on 58 million acres of roadless areas in national forests.
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
NOI or POO for small backhoe
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Gold Deposits of Montana • Benches and Fossil Placers • Turning Hobby Mining into Business Mining • Buying a Mining Claim: Questions to Ask • Looking for that Hidden Placer • The Many Facets of Iron • And the Survey Says... • $50 Million Swiped in Diamond Heist • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices