BLM Flexes Its Muscles in Quartzsite
July 2014 by Jane Alene BoylesSomehow the Bureau of Land Management seems to have forgotten that they work for the people.
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
• Reopening closed areas
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
Rather than using the practice of government seizure of private property to promote economic development, the county is using it to preserve open space.
Renewed interest in mining of gold, silver, copper and other metals in Aroostook County's Bald Mountain triggered 2012 legislation requiring the overhaul of the state's two-decade-old mining regulations.
The Bawl Mill • A Return to Silver City, Idaho • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Swing and a Miss • Miners Fight Back Against Road Closures • The Giant King Mine • Over the Divide • Romancing the Lens • Gold Recovery with Centrifugal Bowls • Mining on the Comstock Lode • Want to Go to Australia? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices