Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
November 2001 by Staff
• To pollute or not to pollute, is that the question?
• Feeling a little low on energy this summer…
• The comical side of politics
• Two birds with one windmill…
- New Deputy Secretary of Interior
- Case against dredger allowed to proceed
The father-son duo spent years combing this bit of Pennsylvania wilderness with high-end metal detectors, drills and other tools to prospect for a fabled cache of Civil War gold.
• This wasn't the UN makeover we were expecting
• Do you have more money than you really need?
• British tabloids "French roast" Chirac
• Reporter comes out of the closet
My father recalled fondly his early years of flying his Super Cub into the Preacher Creek watershed in search of game and gold, landing on wind blown ridges traversed by the giant Porcupine caribou herd that frequented the area.
Three European gold mining companies want the Bank of England to publicly state its activities in the gold and gold derivitatives markets. In a letter to the Financial Times, three small mining companies representing the majority of European gold production said since the start of the year, scores of reports about manipulation of the gold price had surfaced.
• Washington Group Int'l
• Robinson Nevada Mining Co.
• Little Squaw Gold Mining Co.
• Newmont Mining Corp.
• Compania de Minas Buenaventura
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • From the Editor • Guest Editorial—Exploiting Tragedy • Placer Gold in Utah • President Bush: Put ANWR Drilling in Energy Bill • Aussie Gold • Picks & Pans: Working the Ol' Paystreak • High Country Dredging in Kaufman Creek, Colorado • How to Become a More Successful Nugget Detectorist—And Basic Information on Machines • Altar District's Golden Lure • The Manson Mine • California State Gold Panning Championship Results • Gold in Panama • Melman on Gold & Silver