VCIs for Environmentally Safe Maintenance
February 2001 by StaffA new preventative maintenance program utilizing environmentally friendly Vapor Corrosion Inhibitors (VCIs) is becoming a reality in major mining operations today.
Multiple Use Lands, Symbiotic Relations and Conflict Resolution
The automatic discrimination and exclusion of man from nature, like his access and use of the land, presupposes man as a destructive force for change, absent a relative hard look at the natural forces of change. Setting aside lands for non-use does not encourage wise use symbiotic tenets, which man has traditionally formed in his coexistence with nature.
Excavator Testing Wet Placer Ground
The excavator or backhoe has become the tool of choice for testing placer ground. These machines are the best way to explore and sample a placer deposit if the ground is not too wet or frozen and bedrock is not beyond the reach of the machine.
Melman on Gold & Silver
Perhaps the heart of our pro-gold thesis is this consideration: governments are inherently inefficient, they attempt to provide services far beyond their genuine fiscal ability and these trends result in deficit financing, growing debt levels and ultimate “watering” down of currency values.
Russian Plane Spills 3 Tons of Gold on Runway
Residents believe doré bars landed in a snow-covered area as far as sixteen miles from the airport and some said they will be searching the area after the official recovery
Legislative and Regulatory Update
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
The Bawl Mill
• Let's see what goes on behind closed doors
• Nothing but the best, make that most expensive, for the US
• No exception for taxpayers
• Speaking of waste...
• Trimming the fat
• Uncle Sam needs you...to snitch!
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • The King Has No Clothes • GATA Update • Clean Fuel, Cleaner Air • Gold Miners Become Tungsten Miners • Mining Deaths Drop Overall in 2000 • History of Oil in California • Picks & Pans: Dredging on the Arkansas • Placer Gold in Washington • Alaska Miners to Sue Department of Interior • Oregon's Measure 7 May Provide Compensation for Land-Use Restrictions • Company Notes • Environment-Friendly Dredging • Legacy of the Wandering Jew Mine • Babbitt Wants Moratorium in Siskiyou National Forest • Gem Discoveries Sought in North Carolina Field • Greaterville, Arizona • Identifying Gold Ores • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices