EPA Offers Liability Protection to Spur Cleanups
October 2005 by Associated PressEnvironmental groups that volunteer to help government and businesses clean up waste from mine drainage in the West won’t be held liable if there are future disputes over the pollution, the Environmental Protection Agency said.
The anticipation of finding out if the system of snatch blocks, shackles, chokers, anchor points, and the strap binding the massive slab of rock in the bottom of the river would even budge an inch was weighing on me.
• SB 637
• Public land users cry "fowl"
• Canyon Resources Corp.
• X-Cal Resources
• Homestake Mining Company
• Pan American Silver Corp.
• "...just about more than I can stand."
• "I hope you can answer my number one question..."
• "...I still go out and mine a little at my old stompin' grounds in Siskiyou County..."
• "...New Prospecting Club in the Southeast."
• "...9 ounces...in two weeks."
• "...It's no secret..."
Four nuggets, ranging from one to four pennyweight, had been found originally. All four nuggets were found in a line about ten feet apart from each other.
Anyone who has found a patch knows the difficulties involved. Those who haven’t can guess, and with any effort will soon realize it.
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
The Bawl Mill • Newmont's Gold Quarry Mine • Drywashing and Detecting for Eluvial Placer Gold Research is the Key to Success—Part II • Study: West Has Vast Oil Shale Reserves • Picks & Pans: Detecting Micro-Nuggets • The Notch Peak Intrusive • Recovering Fine Gold: Getting the Most from Your Sluice Box • 2005 California State Gold Panning Championships • Company Notes • Tales of California Gold Discoveries 2nd in a Series—The Jenny Lind Mine • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices