Taking on the EPA, Sasquatch, Ratchilla and Gold Dredging
September 2014 by Shannon Poe...we packed up our two dredges and headed for our claim about an hour away on the South Fork of the Clearwater to dredge openly in opposition to the EPA.
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
- Comments needed regarding proposed NEPA improvements
- Efforts underway to fix the ESA
We are in the planning stages for our next trip to DC. Clark and I are looking at returning after the mid-term elections, probably around the end of November or early December, to continue discussions with members of Congress…
In every sense, this was a witch hunt with a preconceived agenda to heavily restrict or outright prohibit most small-scale mining in Oregon.
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
As a plaintiff in one of the lawsuits, I’m not allowed to talk about specifics in the court-ordered negotiations currently underway in San Bernardino. However, I do want to let you know we are making progress…
Manderfield’s ruling opens the way for Kennecott Eagle to begin blasting. The company has declined to say when it will start. A spokeswoman said drilling would begin “in the coming weeks".
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Gully Prospecting and Mining • Wilfley Tables—Repair, Rebuild & Set Up • Designing and Evaluating Placer Gold Recovery Plants • Finding Streams of Gold • This is Why You Check Your Tailings • Lode or Placer: What Difference Does It Make? • New Rules to Impact the Lease/Buy Decision • There's a First Time for Everyone • Appeals Court OKs Permits for Upper Peninsula Mine • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices