Appeals Court OKs Permits for Upper Peninsula Mine
September 2014 by John FlesherThe $800 million project will provide 300 jobs during production. It will be the only US mine where nickel is the primary targeted mineral, with about 360 million pounds to be extracted.
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
Have you ever wondered what it is going to take to stop the insanity of politicians and environmental groups from taking away our rights?
• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
We're done watching as an unelected and unchecked bureaucracy, with rule-making authority, enforcement powers, and seemingly bottomless budgets abuses citizens at will.
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Taking on the EPA, Sasquatch, Ratchilla and Gold Dredging • Gully Prospecting and Mining • Wilfley Tables—Repair, Rebuild & Set Up • Designing and Evaluating Placer Gold Recovery Plants • Finding Streams of Gold • This is Why You Check Your Tailings • Lode or Placer: What Difference Does It Make? • New Rules to Impact the Lease/Buy Decision • There's a First Time for Everyone • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices