Clarification on Oregon's SB838
August 2014 by Guest WriterThe 100-yard restriction in SB838 actually applies to all motorized mining for the purpose of extracting gold, silver or any other precious metal that results in the disturbance of vegetation.
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
This will provide the opportunity to meet with many of the members of Congress in a more informal setting at several meetings, luncheons and dinners. And we have been offered the chance to meet with President Trump’s staff.
I want to stress that this is just the first step to fixing many of the regulatory issues we identified in discussions with the current administration. There will be plenty more to come.
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
Renewed interest in mining of gold, silver, copper and other metals in Aroostook County's Bald Mountain triggered 2012 legislation requiring the overhaul of the state's two-decade-old mining regulations.
Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Conductive Minerals and Your Metal Detector • A Model Mining Operation • BLM Raises Location and Claim Fees • I Finally Made It to Northern Nevada • Drilling for Ore • Sniping for Drought Gold • Successful Rally for Suction Dredge Miners in Idaho • Over the Divide • Gold Ores of the Delamar District, Nevada • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices