MMAC & PLP Update
May 2016 by Scott Harn
PLP had been attempting to raise funds to hire a lobbyist. The excessive cost made it prohibitive, so Clark and Joe packed up their bags and headed off to make this trip themselves.
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
Another California Assembly member, Jared Huffman, is attempting to ban dredging in the state on a more permanent basis.
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
• Senators object to “Build Back Better” royalty provision
• Biden reverses Utah monument reductions
• Eco-terrorist confirmed
Have you ever wondered what it is going to take to stop the insanity of politicians and environmental groups from taking away our rights?
- Property rights advocate in running for top BLM spot
- “Draining the swamp” at Interior
A two-pronged approach is necessary to restore suction dredging; federal preemption needs to be established as addressed above via petition; and clarification from the EPA is needed to establish that no Section 402 permit is necessary when there is no “addition” of a pollutant.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Think You Got It All? Guess Again! • Nevada's Silver City Gold District -- Part II • Hard Rock Prospecting With Rusty • Drywashing in Black Canyon, Arizona • Progress Continues in Honduras • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices