MMAC & PLP Update
May 2016 by Scott Harn
PLP had been attempting to raise funds to hire a lobbyist. The excessive cost made it prohibitive, so Clark and Joe packed up their bags and headed off to make this trip themselves.
- November elections
- Anti-mining ballot initiative rejected in Montana
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
One of the most asinine proposals in the SEIR is to require miners to state when and where they will be dredging. This information would be accessible to the public, which would make them prime candidates for getting their homes burglarized while they are out mining.
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
His small business managed to pump millions of dollars over the years into the California economy.
More than 100 gold prospectors gathered at Azusa Canyon in the recently declared San Gabriel Mountains National Monument in southern California to voice their concerns…
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Think You Got It All? Guess Again! • Nevada's Silver City Gold District -- Part II • Hard Rock Prospecting With Rusty • Drywashing in Black Canyon, Arizona • Progress Continues in Honduras • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices