MMAC & PLP Update
May 2016 by Scott Harn
PLP had been attempting to raise funds to hire a lobbyist. The excessive cost made it prohibitive, so Clark and Joe packed up their bags and headed off to make this trip themselves.
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
Because September 1 falls on a Sunday this year; and Monday, September 2, is a holiday, the BLM will accept yearly filings through September 3.
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
Casperson said he is not worried about businesses subverting the language in the bill because the DEQ would still have the authority to halt the new construction if it is deemed environmentally unsound.
The Bureau of Land Management announced an increase in location filing fees and annual maintenance fees for unpatented mining claims, mill sites and tunnel sites.
This article may not be as interesting as someone describing a big nugget find in Australia...but right now the biggest obstacle to mining is our government.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Think You Got It All? Guess Again! • Nevada's Silver City Gold District -- Part II • Hard Rock Prospecting With Rusty • Drywashing in Black Canyon, Arizona • Progress Continues in Honduras • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices