MMAC & PLP Update
May 2016 by Scott Harn
PLP had been attempting to raise funds to hire a lobbyist. The excessive cost made it prohibitive, so Clark and Joe packed up their bags and headed off to make this trip themselves.
• Nevada miners get reprieve
• Georgia Senate race may set the stage for mining regulations
• New Executive Order on critical minerals
• Interior Department makes adjustments to LWCF
• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
On November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
The very way it was done at the time didn’t give one much confidence in the objectivity and honesty of the BLM study.
• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Think You Got It All? Guess Again! • Nevada's Silver City Gold District -- Part II • Hard Rock Prospecting With Rusty • Drywashing in Black Canyon, Arizona • Progress Continues in Honduras • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices