MMAC & PLP Update
May 2016 by Scott Harn
PLP had been attempting to raise funds to hire a lobbyist. The excessive cost made it prohibitive, so Clark and Joe packed up their bags and headed off to make this trip themselves.
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
Recently, a left-leaning Arizona federal judge, James Soto, who is an Obama appointee, shut down a proposed copper mining project for the flimsiest of reasons. He basically disregarded and rewrote federal mining law.
• ESA changes for the better
• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
…the men sought to “inject false and misleading information about the genuine supply and demand for precious metals futures contracts into the markets, and to deceive other participants”…
• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Think You Got It All? Guess Again! • Nevada's Silver City Gold District -- Part II • Hard Rock Prospecting With Rusty • Drywashing in Black Canyon, Arizona • Progress Continues in Honduras • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices