Obama Administration Moves to Block Mining Near Yellowstone
January 2017 by Associated PressRepublicans and industry representatives have criticized the administration’s eleventh-hour actions to limit development and promised to seek their reversal once Obama leaves office.
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
In every sense, this was a witch hunt with a preconceived agenda to heavily restrict or outright prohibit most small-scale mining in Oregon.
• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
The Senator’s office was very receptive to the small miner’s plight and was unaware of the dire problems created by the over-regulation of small-scale mining from so many different fronts. It was pointed out that S 145 may help the large mining companies a little, but falls woefully short in addressing the needs of small operators who make up 85% of domestic mines.
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
We can’t say it wasn’t expected. The California Department of Fish & Game released revised suction gold dredging regulations on February 17, 2012, and it’s obvious the agency wants to make life as difficult as possible for dredgers.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Could you expand on your previous blasting article? • Ask The Experts: Equipment to break up heavy clay • Ask The Experts: “Energy” coming from black sand? • Ask The Experts: Assay problem or recovery problem? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas—Part II • The Winning Hand • Early Winter Detecting in the Sierras • Gangue Minerals - What Do They Tell Us? • Mining Districts in Montana Get Organized • Feds Deny Lease Renewals for Minnesota Mine • The Perfect Response • MMAC Update • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver
That First Nugget