Obama Administration Moves to Block Mining Near Yellowstone
January 2017 by Associated PressRepublicans and industry representatives have criticized the administration’s eleventh-hour actions to limit development and promised to seek their reversal once Obama leaves office.
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
Have you ever wondered what it is going to take to stop the insanity of politicians and environmental groups from taking away our rights?
Republicans and industry representatives have criticized the administration’s eleventh-hour actions to limit development and promised to seek their reversal once Obama leaves office.
• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Could you expand on your previous blasting article? • Ask The Experts: Equipment to break up heavy clay • Ask The Experts: “Energy” coming from black sand? • Ask The Experts: Assay problem or recovery problem? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas—Part II • The Winning Hand • Early Winter Detecting in the Sierras • Gangue Minerals - What Do They Tell Us? • Mining Districts in Montana Get Organized • Feds Deny Lease Renewals for Minnesota Mine • The Perfect Response • MMAC Update • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver
That First Nugget