Ask The Experts: Should I take my claim access problems to the Desert Advisory Council?
September 2016 by Scott Harn
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
• Hike in mining claim fees
• Hearing on suction gold dredging in California
• Interior wants mining reform
- EPA ends "sue and settle"
- Sage grouse mineral withdrawal cancelled
• Nevada proposal to cap tax deductions for mining businesses stalls
• NEPA gets a much needed update
• Army Corps to release review of Pebble Mine
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
We will be bringing the first of several bills that were requested by Congress during a previous MMAC trip and presenting maps depicting all the MMAC-assisted Mining Districts.
• BLM proposed budget asks for funds for mining restrictions
• Oregon bill 838
• California suction gold dredging update
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts: Is there a safe DIY alternative to cyanide or mercury for extraction? • Ask The Experts: How do I identify gold in hard rock that may be mixed with other metals? • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Pickers and Nuggets • Modern-Day Claim Jumping • Oregon's Waldo and Galice Mining Districts Unite • Attention to Detail - Part II • The Seven Troughs Mining District • CA Supreme Court Rules Against Rinehart - But There Is A Solution • Summertime Gold Panning • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
MMAC & PLP Update