Ask The Experts: Should I take my claim access problems to the Desert Advisory Council?
September 2016 by Scott Harn
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
• Positive bill passes House
• Anti-mining bill dies in Washington State
Landowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
- November elections
- Anti-mining ballot initiative rejected in Montana
Judge Ochoa went so far as to call the California permit scheme “unenforceable.”
• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts: Is there a safe DIY alternative to cyanide or mercury for extraction? • Ask The Experts: How do I identify gold in hard rock that may be mixed with other metals? • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Pickers and Nuggets • Modern-Day Claim Jumping • Oregon's Waldo and Galice Mining Districts Unite • Attention to Detail - Part II • The Seven Troughs Mining District • CA Supreme Court Rules Against Rinehart - But There Is A Solution • Summertime Gold Panning • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
MMAC & PLP Update