Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
February 2004 by Staff
In the silver belt of the Sierra Madre, the Lluvia de Oro was a discovery of gold, found not by the Spaniards of yore, but from an observant Indian a little over a century ago.
• Nearly half their income goes to the government...
• Prison life has its priviledges
• Pan American Silver Corp.
• Mountain Province Mining Inc.
• Canyon Resources Corp.
• Before you invest your savings, ask to see their hands...
• Actual tax tips from the IRS for tax year 2008
• Maybe they thought the budget deadline was 2009?
Over the past twenty or more years, the traditional “seat of the pants” science of using mineral identification tables as a means to identify common ore minerals, their associated rock-forming minerals and rocks, has slowly become a lost art.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Buying or Investing in Mineral Properties • The Joy of Prospecting • Company Notes • Picks & Pans: Rattlesnakes in a Gold Camp • Old-Time Mining Geology Books • Ask the Experts: Recommended Reading—Part I • The Tangential Impulse Water Wheel in California Gold Mining History—Part I • Consider Adding Gold to Your Portfolio • US Files Charges Against Gold Refiner • Gold in Australia • Gold in Rotten Rock • Restoring the Rule of Law to US Mining • Melman on Gold & Silver