Utah Proposes Using Eminent Domain Against Federal Government
March 2010 by Associated PressConservative Utah lawmakers want to spark a US Supreme Court case that could ultimately allow states to develop resource-rich parcels of land that are now off limits where the federal government is the landlord.
• California piles on the taxes
• Cap and trade passes House
• EPA to address bonding
• Clean Water Restoration Act
I know big mining companies use cyanide and other leach systems to recover gold from ore. Is this the only economically feasible way to recover the values?
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
Personal letters from our readers.....
• Comment period reopened for pygmy owl critical habitat in Arizona
• Limits on wilderness study areas finalized in Utah
• IBLA rules miner cannot set up store processing equipment on claim when no mining is taking place
• New law to protect claims and equipment in Washington State
What about all that noise coming from the ground? What is a prospector supposed to do about that?
• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Gold in Alaska • Beach Mining for Gold • Mining Trade Group Sues Nevada Over Tax Initiative • Battle Heats Up Over California Suction Dredging • China Will Put Rio Tinto Employees on Trial • Highbanking on the Similkameen River • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices