Picks & Pans: Rattlesnakes in a Gold Camp
February 2004 by John AndersonLeon was leading the way as we hiked the trail out of North Canyon. Without any warning Leon leaped into the air. He had just spotted a big rattlesnake lying in the grass beside the trail.
• Homestake Mining Company
• Placer Dome Inc.
• AZCO Mining Inc.
• Guyana Diamond Corp.
• Canadian Mining Company, Ltd.
• Hecla Mining Company
• Pan American Silver Corp.
Original Sixteen to One Mine Inc., the second oldest United States publicly traded gold mining company, became a Golden Partner of the California Sesquicentennial last month.
• Doing hard time, making easy money
• A cozy bear prevents miners from doing research. Well, sort of...
• Forest Service proposes further changes to mining regs
• Preble’s mouse resurrected
• Too early to build the crusher?
• Time for small mine exemptions
• Should I be checking the culverts for gold?
- Public records advocate job was too good to be true...
- "Selfies" might make you happy, but this report won't...
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Buying or Investing in Mineral Properties • The Joy of Prospecting • Company Notes • Old-Time Mining Geology Books • Ask the Experts: Recommended Reading—Part I • The Tangential Impulse Water Wheel in California Gold Mining History—Part I • Consider Adding Gold to Your Portfolio • US Files Charges Against Gold Refiner • Gold in Australia • Gold in Rotten Rock • Restoring the Rule of Law to US Mining • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices