February 2004 by Staff• TVI Pacific Inc.
• Sherwood Mining Corp.
• Rubicon Minerals Corp.
• Planet Exploration Inc.
• Goldcorp Inc.
• Placer Dome Inc.
• Wolfden Resources Inc.
• Redstar Gold Corp.
• Oretcch Inc.
• Goldspring Inc.
• McWatters Mining Inc.
• Cambior Inc.
The faulting, folding and shearing that occurred in the Mother Lode belt has created zones of structurally weak rocks or contacts between different types of rock, which has been favorable for the deposition of gold bearing ores.
Depending on the ore and if significant sulfides are present, a hard rock miner may be able to get away with simply using a flux to digest the other minerals that may be present.
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
• Drug smuggling tunnels filled with environmental delays and red tape
• Did we make the list?
• A whopper of an error
• Comments needed for Washington's Buckhorn Mountain
• Rep. Gibbons goes to bat for Nevada
• More land acquisition on the way?
• IBLA rules in favor of miner
• Comment on critical habitat proposed in the Mojave Desert
My third sample location proved to be my last and most interesting. I needed to look no further.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Buying or Investing in Mineral Properties • The Joy of Prospecting • Picks & Pans: Rattlesnakes in a Gold Camp • Old-Time Mining Geology Books • Ask the Experts: Recommended Reading—Part I • The Tangential Impulse Water Wheel in California Gold Mining History—Part I • Consider Adding Gold to Your Portfolio • US Files Charges Against Gold Refiner • Gold in Australia • Gold in Rotten Rock • Restoring the Rule of Law to US Mining • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices