Legislative and Regulatory Update
October 2015 by Scott Harn• Anti-dredging bill SB 637 passes
The very way it was done at the time didn’t give one much confidence in the objectivity and honesty of the BLM study.
More than 100 gold prospectors gathered at Azusa Canyon in the recently declared San Gabriel Mountains National Monument in southern California to voice their concerns…
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
- Oregon miners petition US Supreme Court in Bohmker v. Oregon
- Wheeler receives hearing as EPA administrator
We're done watching as an unelected and unchecked bureaucracy, with rule-making authority, enforcement powers, and seemingly bottomless budgets abuses citizens at will.
- WOTUS rule finalized
- Reminder on new claim fees
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • The Bucking Room • A Long Dry Spell • Prospectors Protest San Gabriel Mountains National Monument • MMAC & PLP Update • Where Should I Start? • California State Gold Panning Championships • From Curiosity to Mine Owner - Pt II • 2016 Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit • Growing Up Gold • Rock and Formations of the Mother Lode Gold Belt • 2015 World Gold Panning Championships • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices