Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2016 by Scott Harn• Congress heading into summer recess
• Maintenance fees due!
“When dealing with federal agencies...”
There are a few questions you will need to ask yourself before you apply for a suction dredge permit from the State Water Resources Control Board.
- Property rights advocate in running for top BLM spot
- “Draining the swamp” at Interior
- Zinke leaving office
- Property rights triumph over critical habitat says Supreme Court
- Water of the United States
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
• California dredging update
• Study: Sage grouse does not need protection
• Tennessee enacts harsh new gold prospecting regulations
“We feel that we can clean up an area that has been abandoned after 100 years of mining,” Lyon said.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Revisiting the Rocker Box • Can You Recognize Valuable Ores? • Follow Up to "Just One More Time" • The Highs and Lows of Drywashing • Successful Detecting Requires Attention to Detail—Part I • Panning for Gold on Canyon Creek • China Closing More Than 1,000 Mines • Habits, Procedure, and Where Is The Gold? • Exploring A Historic Lode Mine • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver
MMAC & PLP Update