Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2016 by Scott Harn• Congress heading into summer recess
• Maintenance fees due!
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
• BLM is moving back to DC?
• Gray wolf re-listed?
• EPA to redefine WOTUS again
- Key appointment at BLM
- Current administration not waiting for Congress
- BLM relocating
- Kansas exempts bullion from sales tax
As prospectors, we cannot just roll over and continue to ignore the shift in public land management from multiple use to national preserve.
Hennis claims that months later and without his permission, the EPA built a $2.3 million water treatment facility on the property and the agency continues treating water and storing waste there.
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Revisiting the Rocker Box • Can You Recognize Valuable Ores? • Follow Up to "Just One More Time" • The Highs and Lows of Drywashing • Successful Detecting Requires Attention to Detail—Part I • Panning for Gold on Canyon Creek • China Closing More Than 1,000 Mines • Habits, Procedure, and Where Is The Gold? • Exploring A Historic Lode Mine • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver
MMAC & PLP Update