More Fiddling While Forests Burn
December 2019 by Greg Walcher
Logging on federal land plummeted—over 84% since the 1980s. And that management tool was replaced with—nothing.
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
• California dredging update
• Favorable bills in Congress
• ESA changes for the better
Recently, a left-leaning Arizona federal judge, James Soto, who is an Obama appointee, shut down a proposed copper mining project for the flimsiest of reasons. He basically disregarded and rewrote federal mining law.
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
We will be bringing the first of several bills that were requested by Congress during a previous MMAC trip and presenting maps depicting all the MMAC-assisted Mining Districts.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - How do I obtain a map of Montana gold & sapphire gravel bars? • Ask The Experts - How do I process this white quartz with black striations? • Ask The Experts - Does gravel + bedrock = gold? • Back to Green Valley--With A Sluice • A Lesson In Underwater Sniping • Achieving Accurate Metal Detector Discrimination • My New Passion--Crystal Hunting • The Half-Mile Claim • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: White Knuckle Mining