Feinstein Pushes for Million-Acre Land Grab
November 2015 by Kevin JoyceMet by jeers and cheers from more than 1,000 people, US Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) made another pitch to create three new national monuments in the deserts of southern California recently.
First, the US Forest Service does not have any authority to enforce or administer any “claim jumping” laws, period.
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
They want to close our roads on public land (built by taxpayer funds) to keep us and our disabled veterans out. And it won’t stop with just mining.
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
- Zinke leaving office
- Property rights triumph over critical habitat says Supreme Court
- Water of the United States
• Partial win for miners
• California suction dredging
• Feds continue to push for more public lands
• Idaho suction dredging
We can’t say it wasn’t expected. The California Department of Fish & Game released revised suction gold dredging regulations on February 17, 2012, and it’s obvious the agency wants to make life as difficult as possible for dredgers.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Our Readers Say • Gold in Tertiary Gravels • Detecting Clay Seams • Associated Gold Placers of the Comstock • All About Minerals • MMAC & PLP Update • Prospecting for Liberated Gold • The Snapshot • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices