Feinstein Pushes for Million-Acre Land Grab
November 2015 by Kevin JoyceMet by jeers and cheers from more than 1,000 people, US Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) made another pitch to create three new national monuments in the deserts of southern California recently.
I want to stress that this is just the first step to fixing many of the regulatory issues we identified in discussions with the current administration. There will be plenty more to come.
• Congress heading into summer recess
• Maintenance fees due!
The New Mexico settlement marks just the latest reached over the past year. Colorado and the Navajo Nation also have inked multimillion-dollar agreements…
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
• SB 637
• Public land users cry "fowl"
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
• Forest Service proposes next step in Agenda 21
• 9th Circuit deals blow to small miners
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Our Readers Say • Gold in Tertiary Gravels • Detecting Clay Seams • Associated Gold Placers of the Comstock • All About Minerals • MMAC & PLP Update • Prospecting for Liberated Gold • The Snapshot • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices