Legislative and Regulatory Update
April 2011 by Scott Harn• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
King’s letter is a blow to the EPA’s contention that outside technical experts supported its plan to push a drainage pipe through debris covering the entrance to the Gold King Mine…
We can’t say it wasn’t expected. The California Department of Fish & Game released revised suction gold dredging regulations on February 17, 2012, and it’s obvious the agency wants to make life as difficult as possible for dredgers.
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
His small business managed to pump millions of dollars over the years into the California economy.
• EPA rule blocked
The Bawl Mill • Mining Claims—What to Know Before You File • Prospecting Underground: Use Caution • Small-Scale Concentrating and Recovery Methods • 5th Circuit Ruling May Benefit Miners • Indicator Minerals for Gold & Silver • Mud Men: Pocket Miners of Southwest Oregon Part III • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Silver Mining Returning to Texas