5th Circuit Ruling May Benefit Miners
April 2011 by Scott HarnThis ruling comes at an opportune time, just as suction dredge miners are dealing with new proposed regulations in several western states. Be sure to cite this case when you provide comments on the regulations!
• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
Rather than using the practice of government seizure of private property to promote economic development, the county is using it to preserve open space.
If you need more proof that having an organized Mining District can help you, look no further than the recently proposed Methow Headwaters Withdrawal in north-central Washington State.
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
Oregon Senate passes Senate Bill 3
• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
The Bawl Mill • Mining Claims—What to Know Before You File • Prospecting Underground: Use Caution • Small-Scale Concentrating and Recovery Methods • Indicator Minerals for Gold & Silver • Mud Men: Pocket Miners of Southwest Oregon Part III • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Silver Mining Returning to Texas