5th Circuit Ruling May Benefit Miners
April 2011 by Scott HarnThis ruling comes at an opportune time, just as suction dredge miners are dealing with new proposed regulations in several western states. Be sure to cite this case when you provide comments on the regulations!
• Idaho challenges EPA regulations
• California suction gold dredging
• Trump cabinet forming
• Last minute regulations
• California suction dredging
The verbage is SB 838 is vague and ambiguous to say the least. As a result, there is quite a bit of misinformation floating around the rumor mills.
• Republican bill would reopen Grand Canyon withdrawal
• Obama recommends additional fees and taxes on miners
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
The Bawl Mill • Mining Claims—What to Know Before You File • Prospecting Underground: Use Caution • Small-Scale Concentrating and Recovery Methods • Indicator Minerals for Gold & Silver • Mud Men: Pocket Miners of Southwest Oregon Part III • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Silver Mining Returning to Texas