MMAC & PLP Update
December 2015 by Scott HarnWe have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
To reach this goal, our federal government would need to designate another 45.7 million acres as protected lands every year.
• Congress heading into summer recess
• Maintenance fees due!
• Another setback for Twin Metals
• US Supreme Court to review case that challenges WOTUS
• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
• CA Fish & Game Final SEIR
• Positive news from California?
• Still no results in Wisconsin
• Give us back our lands
Modoc County, California, is the latest county to use emergency powers to declare a state of emergency in order to take control of roads and trails away from federal agencies.
One caller wondered why he should be required to join MMAC, asked why MMAC was not a non-profit, and compared it to some kind of extortion attempt. If he had questions like these, I assume there are others with similar questions and I will address them here.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • SB 838 and the Salem Witch Hunt • Small-Scale Hard Rock Production • Researching Mineralized Areas • VLF Detector Operating Modes • Using Geologic Maps • Canadian Company Recovers 1,111-Carat Diamond • Lost Sally's Gold • Time to File Claims in Southern California • Colorado Disputes Key Part of EPA Mine Report • Picking Our Way Through Bedrock • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver