MMAC & PLP Update
December 2015 by Scott HarnWe have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
• BLM claim fees rise
• Critical minerals bill
• Sage-grouse habitat
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
• Sheriff withdraws Forest Service law enforcement authority
First, the US Forest Service does not have any authority to enforce or administer any “claim jumping” laws, period.
For now, MSHA is just collecting information. However, the information it collects will shape what comes next.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • SB 838 and the Salem Witch Hunt • Small-Scale Hard Rock Production • Researching Mineralized Areas • VLF Detector Operating Modes • Using Geologic Maps • Canadian Company Recovers 1,111-Carat Diamond • Lost Sally's Gold • Time to File Claims in Southern California • Colorado Disputes Key Part of EPA Mine Report • Picking Our Way Through Bedrock • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver