Legislative and Regulatory Update
September 2018 by Scott Harn
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
• Refunds coming to Nevada claimholders
• More wilderness proposed
• Forest Service planning rule
• Anti-dredging bill SB 637 passes
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
On July 4, we are reminded of the sacrifices our Founding Fathers made to establish this great country of ours, and in that spirit, the Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) has created a draft Declaration of Miners.And MMAC has been hard at work writing a bill, with the unwavering support of several members of Congress, to reaffirm the rights of miners operating in traditional mining districts.
Ask The Experts - Why is there no detector signal with pyrite? • Ask The Experts - Need assaying advice • Ask The Experts - Can you tell me anything about the Cherry Creek District in Nevada? • Understanding Skim Bar Placers • Detecting Canyon Bedrock in The Sierras • Mining Journal Receives Honor • Gold Prospecting: For Better or Worse • New Research Tool for Miners in Wyoming • PLP Update • Have We Hit 'Peak Gold'? • Old Mine Sites and New Technology • What Happened to The Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices