Legislative and Regulatory Update
September 2018 by Scott Harn
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
PLF scores another win for property rights
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
To reach this goal, our federal government would need to designate another 45.7 million acres as protected lands every year.
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
I’ve received quite a few inquiries from miners who are beginning to realize that traditional Mining Districts are powerful entities and they are looking to get their district organized if it’s in disarray.
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
Ask The Experts - Why is there no detector signal with pyrite? • Ask The Experts - Need assaying advice • Ask The Experts - Can you tell me anything about the Cherry Creek District in Nevada? • Understanding Skim Bar Placers • Detecting Canyon Bedrock in The Sierras • Mining Journal Receives Honor • Gold Prospecting: For Better or Worse • New Research Tool for Miners in Wyoming • PLP Update • Have We Hit 'Peak Gold'? • Old Mine Sites and New Technology • What Happened to The Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices