Legislative and Regulatory Update
September 2018 by Scott Harn
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
- PLF files petition with US Supreme Court on behalf of Oregon miners
- Land and Water Conservation Fund abuse by Forest Service
- Army asks for REE proposals
- New Deputy Secretary of Interior
- Case against dredger allowed to proceed
Even if the California Supreme Court had ruled in favor of Rinehart, suction dredge miners would be facing the wrath of the State Water Resources Control Board...
The very way it was done at the time didn’t give one much confidence in the objectivity and honesty of the BLM study.
We will be bringing the first of several bills that were requested by Congress during a previous MMAC trip and presenting maps depicting all the MMAC-assisted Mining Districts.
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
Ask The Experts - Why is there no detector signal with pyrite? • Ask The Experts - Need assaying advice • Ask The Experts - Can you tell me anything about the Cherry Creek District in Nevada? • Understanding Skim Bar Placers • Detecting Canyon Bedrock in The Sierras • Mining Journal Receives Honor • Gold Prospecting: For Better or Worse • New Research Tool for Miners in Wyoming • PLP Update • Have We Hit 'Peak Gold'? • Old Mine Sites and New Technology • What Happened to The Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices