Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2018 by Scott Harn
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
• Conformation for some
• Congress canceling regulations
State regulators imposed a record $11 million fine on the operators of a gold mine in the Sierra foothills east of Sacramento.
Suction dredging court cases in California linger on
• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
• Partial win for miners
• California suction dredging
• Feds continue to push for more public lands
• Idaho suction dredging
We spent our evening at some informal get-togethers at two private residences in the DC area, which provided the opportunity to talk with staff members from Congress, other agencies, and a few consultants working on public land issues. We found common ground with many of them, and found a strong ally in a former Congressman turned consultant who agreed that Mining Districts provide the smartest legal route...
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - What are these thin brittle sheets with reddish powder? • Ask The Experts - Are custom mills available for titanium and tungsten? • Ask The Experts - What assay value is needed for cobalt deposits? • Ask The Experts - What do you think is the source of gold in this area of Ireland? • Annual Claim Filings Due • Highbanking for Gold • Gold Placers in Italy • Critical Minerals: Titanium—Part II • Detector Brings New Life to An Old Lode Mine • The Batteries Metal Rush • Blackberries and Gold • Writing It All Off After The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices