Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2018 by Scott Harn
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
First, the US Forest Service does not have any authority to enforce or administer any “claim jumping” laws, period.
Republicans and industry representatives have criticized the administration’s eleventh-hour actions to limit development and promised to seek their reversal once Obama leaves office.
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
The settlement did not grant an immediate approval for the project, but it did begin to clear the way for the company to apply for federal permits—a path the Obama administration previously had thwarted.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - What are these thin brittle sheets with reddish powder? • Ask The Experts - Are custom mills available for titanium and tungsten? • Ask The Experts - What assay value is needed for cobalt deposits? • Ask The Experts - What do you think is the source of gold in this area of Ireland? • Annual Claim Filings Due • Highbanking for Gold • Gold Placers in Italy • Critical Minerals: Titanium—Part II • Detector Brings New Life to An Old Lode Mine • The Batteries Metal Rush • Blackberries and Gold • Writing It All Off After The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices