Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2018 by Scott Harn
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
• "Not a pollutant"
• Thank you Senator Sessions
• California suction dredging
• EPA uses secret email accounts
Fishing, camping and the protection of American Indian artifacts along a 30-mile section of the North Fork of the Clearwater River outweigh the desire of placer miners to search for gold, an attorney representing the US Forest Service said.
• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
• US Supreme Court may consider requirements for Notitce of Intent
• Oregon considering mining restrictions
• Latest developments in California suction dredging moratorium
• Spotted owl habitat
PLF scores another win for property rights
The paper’s crack reporters filed requests under the Freedom of Information Act, demanding public release of “secret” emails explaining why the Interior Department recommended, and President Trump approved, shrinking Bears’ Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante National Monuments.
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - What are these thin brittle sheets with reddish powder? • Ask The Experts - Are custom mills available for titanium and tungsten? • Ask The Experts - What assay value is needed for cobalt deposits? • Ask The Experts - What do you think is the source of gold in this area of Ireland? • Annual Claim Filings Due • Highbanking for Gold • Gold Placers in Italy • Critical Minerals: Titanium—Part II • Detector Brings New Life to An Old Lode Mine • The Batteries Metal Rush • Blackberries and Gold • Writing It All Off After The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices