Judge Tosses Lawsuit Against Tucson-Area Mine
March 2012 by Associated PressA federal judge has tossed a lawsuit filed by opponents of a Tucson-area mine that had accused the US Forest Service of violating two federal laws in its handling of the mine issue.
Phone or email these Senators and politely express your thoughts and opinions on the pending legislation. (See Legislative and Regulatory Update for more information on the pending legislation.)
- Oregon miners to petition for US Supreme Court review
- Two executive orders to reign in federal agencies
- Petition for Joshua tree as a threatened species
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
It's a proven civil remedy to put an end to harassment by notifying a person who is either overstepping their authority, or failing to act as required, that they will be sued personally for an act or omission.
• NEDC Surrenders in Oregon
• The California saga continues
• Big win by a California suction gold dredger
• Administration locks up another popular gold mining area
• BLM creates de facto wilderness without Congressional approval
In every sense, this was a witch hunt with a preconceived agenda to heavily restrict or outright prohibit most small-scale mining in Oregon.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts: Set up a small portable operation or send the ore to a custom mill? • Ask the Experts: Who manufactures the diagonal vibrating table? • Ask the Experts: Do "corners" need to be in place on the ground for a claim to be valid? • Ask the Experts: Tantalite in an African nation -- is it worth pursuing? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Following Clues to a Hidden Gold Deposit • How to Melt Your Own Gold • Salted Mining Properties—How to Properly Evaluate a Claim • Fine Gold Panning Without Using Mercury • Australia Produces World's Largest Gold Coin • Fells Flat Gold • Colorado Considers Gold & Silver Currency • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices