Minnesota Delays Decision on Mineral Leases
November 2011 by Patrick CondonLandowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
• The good, the bad, and the ugly
• California and Oregon dredge permits
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
Renewed interest in mining of gold, silver, copper and other metals in Aroostook County's Bald Mountain triggered 2012 legislation requiring the overhaul of the state's two-decade-old mining regulations.
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
• SB 637
• Public land users cry "fowl"
Modoc County, California, is the latest county to use emergency powers to declare a state of emergency in order to take control of roads and trails away from federal agencies.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative And Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts—Compensation for closed mining claim? • Ask The Experts—Inconsistent fire assays • Gold From Cemented Gravels • Evolution Of A Gold Prospect • Gold, Quartz & Chalcedony—Part II • Alaska to Target Rare-Earths • Alaska's Cripple Creek Mining District • The Gold Of Horseshoe Bend • Tyrie's Roadway Nugget • Melman on Gold & Silver