Minnesota Delays Decision on Mineral Leases
November 2011 by Patrick CondonLandowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
Suction dredging court cases in California linger on
• US Supreme Court may consider requirements for Notitce of Intent
• Oregon considering mining restrictions
• Latest developments in California suction dredging moratorium
• Spotted owl habitat
Since 2005, a group representing a handful of Oregon and Washington mining organizations, centered around the Eastern Oregon Mining Association (EOMA) and the Waldo Mining District (WMD), have been actively fighting the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) over their then new “700PM Suction Dredge Mining Permit.”
Mining claimants who wish to retain their mining claims on Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service lands through the 2021 assessment year must pay a maintenance fee or file a maintenance fee waiver certificate on or before September 1…
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) issued emergency rules without public comment just prior to our publication deadline.
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
• Republican bill would reopen Grand Canyon withdrawal
• Obama recommends additional fees and taxes on miners
The Bawl Mill • Legislative And Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts—Compensation for closed mining claim? • Ask The Experts—Inconsistent fire assays • Gold From Cemented Gravels • Evolution Of A Gold Prospect • Gold, Quartz & Chalcedony—Part II • Alaska to Target Rare-Earths • Alaska's Cripple Creek Mining District • The Gold Of Horseshoe Bend • Tyrie's Roadway Nugget • Melman on Gold & Silver