Alaska: Large-Scale Mining Can Be Done Right
March 2014 by Associated Press"As elected leaders of the State of Alaska, we want you to know that Alaska is open to investment from those who seek to develop our state's natural resources safely and responsibly..."
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
The petition seeks specific changes to existing Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management regulations to restore the intent of Congress and federal preemption.
- House appropriations bills introduced
- Two Minnesota hardrock mining leases reinstated
- Equal Access to Justice Act
All of which brings us back to the question of why we rely so heavily on China in the first place. America’s economy is heavily dependent upon energy and telecommunications, but does that require Chinese manufacturing? Clearly not.
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
- Property rights advocate in running for top BLM spot
- “Draining the swamp” at Interior
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Prospecting Hard Rock • Reese River Silver Mining District, Nevada • Gold of the Iditarod Mining District, Alaska • Bedrock • Natural Gold Alloys • Government Takes Land for Open Space • Comments on Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold Series • Hidden Value in Old Tailings • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices