Alaska: Large-Scale Mining Can Be Done Right
March 2014 by Associated Press"As elected leaders of the State of Alaska, we want you to know that Alaska is open to investment from those who seek to develop our state's natural resources safely and responsibly..."
We now have supporters who are well known and connected in Washington, DC, and who state they will assist us in bypassing lower level staffers and getting us face-to-face meetings with Senators.
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
- Interior Department reigns in “sue and settle”
- Comments needed on Forest Service Part 228 regulations
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
Logging on federal land plummeted—over 84% since the 1980s. And that management tool was replaced with—nothing.
• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Prospecting Hard Rock • Reese River Silver Mining District, Nevada • Gold of the Iditarod Mining District, Alaska • Bedrock • Natural Gold Alloys • Government Takes Land for Open Space • Comments on Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold Series • Hidden Value in Old Tailings • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices