Alaska: Large-Scale Mining Can Be Done Right
March 2014 by Associated Press"As elected leaders of the State of Alaska, we want you to know that Alaska is open to investment from those who seek to develop our state's natural resources safely and responsibly..."
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
First, the US Forest Service does not have any authority to enforce or administer any “claim jumping” laws, period.
“We feel that we can clean up an area that has been abandoned after 100 years of mining,” Lyon said.
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Prospecting Hard Rock • Reese River Silver Mining District, Nevada • Twenty-Five Gold Indicators You Should Know • Gold of the Iditarod Mining District, Alaska • Bedrock • Natural Gold Alloys • Government Takes Land for Open Space • Comments on Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold Series • Hidden Value in Old Tailings • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices